Mac n Cheese Delicious Vegan Recipe! (with broccoli optional)
A great alternative to make everyone's favorite dish!
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 tbs of chopped broccoli (optional)
- 1 to 2 small garlic cloves
- 1/4 onion
- 1 whole bell pepper (yellow, orange or red)
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 cube of vegetable bouillon or salt to taste
- 400 grm pasta (macarroni of preference)
- Boil pasta (along with broccoli) for 7 to 11 minutes.
- Drain cooked pasta and broccoli.
- Peel potatoes and carrots.
- Cut potatoes and bell pepper into medium cubes.
- Cut carrot into medium slices.
- Boil potatoes, carrots, bell pepper, onion, and garlic in a pot over high heat for 35 minutes or until the potatoes are completely tender.
- Pour into a blender cashews, nutritional yeast, vegetable bouillon or salt, and boiled vegetables.
- Use 700ml of the water in which the vegetables were cooked to blend everything.
- Incorporate the mixture with the pasta (and the broccoli)