Vegan Avocado Onigiris Recipe
Onigiri is a typical Japanese snack that is also known as o-musubi or simply rice ball. They usually are made with sea food like salmon or octopi, but for the vegan version we are simply going to use Avocado and Carrot; feel free to add as many more veggies as you want to the recipe!
To make this recipe you need:
- 1 cup of cooked white sushi rice
- Nori sheets
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Shredded Carrot
- Ginger (optional)
- Sesame seeds
- Take half a handful of cooked rice in your hand and shape it like a small bowl.
- fill it with avocado, and carrots (or your favourite veggies)
- Take another half a handful of cooked rice to cover the veggies.
- Shape it into a small ball
- Cover it with a thick stripe of nori.